From local food pantry and soup kitchen assistance to sponsoring a school in Kenya, our work is at once immediate and local, and long-term and global.
Whether you have occasional moments to volunteer, or you are looking
for more in-depth involvement, our Outreach groups would love
to hear from you!
We do special work over the holidays; providing a Thanksgiving meal for those who may otherwise have no one to share with, and “adopting” local families in need of gifts and items to make Christmas memorable for their children.
The organizations that we support with monetary, time, and material donations include:
- Loaves and Fishes
- Woodbury Food Bank
- Acts 4 Ministry (Waterbury)
- Community Services Council of Woodbury
- Nambale Magnet School (see inset)
Please reach out to us to learn about how you can get involved – we always welcome your energy, creativity, prayer, and commitment to making the world a better place.
Join our active group of women who provide fellowship, assistance, comfort, kindness, and support throughout the year. Some of the things we enjoy include:
- Providing cards, notes, flowers, and meals for members of our North Church family who are facing a difficult time;
- We plan and serve Memorial receptions during the year as an important part of our service;
- Raising money through community social events like our annual Flea Market and Craft Show and Fall Festival, to donate to deserving local charities;
- Monthly luncheons on various topics – see the calendar or download the 2018-2019 schedule for details. You are welcome to come! Bring a sandwich and don’t forget to RSVP so we can expect you!
- The Knitting Group continues meets twice a month to items including newborn caps, blankets, and prayer shawls. Projects made with loving hands are donated to Waterbury Hospital Birthing Center and Carolyn’s Place, as well as prayer shawls for comfort distribution. Join us!
WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP (LADIES OF THE EVENING)
Looking to connect with women in the community but busy during daytime hours? Join us at one of our Ladies of the Evening meetings! We meet on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM; contact us to find out where the next meeting will be. Our meetings are lively, lighthearted, and fun, featuring themed potluck dinners. Along with conversation and fellowship, we may:
- Prepare diaper bags with essentials for new mothers (including items made by the Knitting Club) to donate to local hospitals;
- Plan, clean, and set up for holiday gatherings in the church Hall;
- Work at the indoor Flea Market in April;
- Provide support for the Women’s Fellowship activities as needed.